•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

EQ6R with a slewing problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ngaz

Ngaz

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 January 2021 - 04:43 PM

I am experiencing a problem slewing west.  More specifically, the mount will not slew west when the rate is set to 1 on the hand controller.  It moves correctly at rates 2-9. 
If anyone has suggestions or can point me to a discussion of this problem I would appreciate the information.  Search engines haven’t yielded guidance.

#2 RonaldNC

RonaldNC

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Fuquay Varina, NC

Posted 13 January 2021 - 05:58 PM

I am experiencing a problem slewing west.  More specifically, the mount will not slew west when the rate is set to 1 on the hand controller.  It moves correctly at rates 2-9. 
If anyone has suggestions or can point me to a discussion of this problem I would appreciate the information.  Search engines haven’t yielded guidance.

Ngaz,

Are you sure that you have taken up any backlash.  That rate is so slow that it could take a couple of seconds for it to reverse direction.

Ron

#3 Ngaz

Ngaz

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:41 PM

I am. I've run it up to two minutes in both directions and that direction won't go. I even tried to goose it (help it get started since it moves at the other rates).

#4 RonaldNC

RonaldNC

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Fuquay Varina, NC

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:07 PM

I am. I've run it up to two minutes in both directions and that direction won't go. I even tried to goose it (help it get started since it moves at the other rates).

Cool.  Does the "1" key work for other things... like setting the time, location, etc.  Wondering if the key itself has a problem.

If the physical key is not the problem, it may be time to contact Sky-Watcher.

Good luck!

Ron

#5 Ngaz

Ngaz

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:04 PM

The other three directions move at the 1 rate. I think you're right about contacting Sky-Watcher. Thanks for looking at my issue.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics