•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New Startup N-Dimensional Technologies, LLC

accessories equipment mount
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 n-dtech.com

n-dtech.com

Lift Off

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Austin, Texas

Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:09 PM

I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome into this great community. I have been a lurker for some time, but I just got around to making an account recently, and I am glad that I did.

I launched the (still primitive) website https://n-dtech.com the other day, where I exhibit my Alt-Az fork mount prototype, along with details about the technology and its associated intellectual property. Further, plans are in the works for a field co-rotating correction device (also called a field de-rotator). N-Dimensional Technologies, LLC has some intellectual property on this device as well, enabling cord and cable-free operation.

The business is at a critical stage in its startup life, where help from the community, funding, and hiring are all paramount concerns. Please, check out the website, below in the signature, and I will be glad to answer any of your questions.

While my background is in physics, I confess that I am not an expert in image acquisition or post-processing, so please be gentle with me when evaluating my images. The image of Messier 16 on my website is merely to showcase the capability of the mount prototype, not to embellish my astrophotography ability. You may notice a slight amount of elongation of the stars, but that is normal with an Alt-Az mount when field rotation is not taken into account, and the exposure is long. The field of view is extremely narrow, in order to demonstrate the capability of the mount. While wide field images may make prettier pictures, narrow field images are much more difficult to acquire, since any perturbation or disturbance is exaggerated.

Thank you for reading, and I invite you to check out the new (albeit a little primitive) website, which has all the information about the company, its associated IP, and upcoming products. If you have any questions, I would be glad to answer them here. Otherwise, contact information is on the website.

https://n-dtech.com

#2 n-dtech.com

n-dtech.com

Lift Off

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:19 PM

Unless I am mistaken, it seems there has been a little confusion regarding my vision or direction for the company. Allow me to clarify.

The plan is to manufacture a heavy duty Alt-Az fork mount which is adjustable and basically "one size fits all." The mount will come with an adjustable brightness touch screen, with a preinstalled Linux OS, along with proprietary control software with image acquisition capability included.

Much of this has been developed already, but in order to further develop the technology, the company needs funding -- plain and simple. There is quite a bit of equity in the IP alone, already.

To generate revenue quickly, the first product will be a field co-rotating correction device, with patent pending technology that allows operation without cords or cables. This is basically accomplished with a 9 DoF IMU/magnetometer taking measurements, while an algorithm determines rate of rotation. The details are all in the business plan on the website.

Once revenue picks up, the mount is planned to be the second product. Eventually, there are quite a few other ideas, but this is the plan for the first few years.

The open source code I posted is GNU public license and free for the community. The code for the mount is quite different and more developed, yet proprietary. Hardware and software will change over the long haul, but quite a bit of IP, hardware, and software has been developed already.

#3 n-dtech.com

n-dtech.com

Lift Off

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:29 PM

The business plan on the website has been updated to V8 and includes the above information in the abstract. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me anything.

[edit] I would like to thank the community, as well as my family and friends for the helpful feedback. N-Dimensional Technologies, LLC is now ready to pitch to angel investors. [end edit]

Edited by n-dtech.com, 14 January 2021 - 12:44 PM.

#4 nPAE

nPAE

Vendor - nPAE Precision Astro Engineering

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Nottingham, United Kingdom

Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:35 PM

Welcome to the astro community! I wish you all the best with this exciting looking mount. Hopefully you'll be at the next NEAF.

• n-dtech.com likes this

#5 n-dtech.com

n-dtech.com

Lift Off

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 16 January 2021 - 08:56 AM

Welcome to the astro community! I wish you all the best with this exciting looking mount. Hopefully you'll be at the next NEAF.

That's a great idea! Let's hope Covid concerns ease up soon. The current prototype is huge and heavy though, so I would need to figure out how to transport it easily.

#6 n-dtech.com

n-dtech.com

Lift Off

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted Today, 04:45 PM

I have uploaded some new videos to the website demonstrating the capability of the current state of the Alt-Az mount prototype. Also, a video explaining the current state of the company is available on the same page. Take a look when you get a chance:

https://n-dtech.com/demonstrations/

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories, equipment, mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics