•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How to mount a Nexus DSC on a DM4

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jalbrightx

jalbrightx

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Denver CO

Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:42 PM

I got my DM4 yesterday and tonight I connected my new Nexus DSC - and it actually worked. Didn't spend a lot of time outside but I did a simple 1-star alignment on Castor with a widefield eyepiece then selected Polaris. Once I moved to the indicated position, there was Polaris - barely in the field but there. I couldn't even see it naked eye due to thin high clouds but the Nexus found it. Can't wait to do a proper 2-star alignment with a crosshair eyepiece and start real hunting. This is all exactly why I've wanted a push-to system for a long, long time.

So now I'm trying to decide how to mount the Nexus unit on the DM4. I've got a crazy idea to (carefully) bore a hole in the DM4 aluminum side to mount a mini ball head then put the Nexus on the other end. This would allow ultimate freedom to position the Nexus for any viewing angle (or away from sight when needed). But I wonder what others have done?

#2 eyeoftexas

eyeoftexas

Viking 1

Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:22 PM

Here's an option:

https://www.astrodev... DiscMounts DM4

• Doug D. likes this

#3 jalbrightx

jalbrightx

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Denver CO

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:06 PM

Thanks Texas - I missed that somehow. The one I saw from Discmounts required the eyepiece tray that I didn't need.

• eyeoftexas likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics