•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Stereoscopic score at antique mall

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 David E

David E

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: North Carolina

Posted 15 January 2021 - 08:45 AM

My wife and I frequently visit Granddaddy's Antique Mall just off I-85 in Burlington NC. It's a huge mall and you just never know what might show up there. A few weeks ago, I spotted an LW Scientific stereoscopic microscope. It was missing a few parts but the price was right! laugh.gif  It doesn't have any model number or name, but it is similar to this Paragon currently on Ebay. I am missing the stage, clips, and lighting. My objective is a 2x/4x for 20x and 40x. I finally got a chance last night to quickly rig up a stage and hand-held light, and my the 3D optics are WONDERFULL! jump.gif  I looked at a couple of pieces of meteorite I have and the 3D view is spectacular. I also have two pieces of gem rock shaved smooth on two sides. I could have sworn I was looking at a lunar terrain!

Not a bad find for less than $30.00!elephant.gif

• Starman27, mdowns, petert913 and 4 others like this

#2 Sandy Swede

Sandy Swede

Viking 1

• Loc: Delaware beaches

Posted 15 January 2021 - 09:11 AM

Way to go.  I dub thee 'Eagle-Eye David.'

#3 Stellar1

Stellar1

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Juuuust outside Toronto

Posted 15 January 2021 - 10:16 AM

Great find!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics