•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ASIAIR

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Angel baby

Angel baby

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 January 2021 - 05:12 AM

Hi I’m thinking about getting one of the above so I have been doing some research and one question I can’t find an answer to is once polar aligned how do you slew to your target? Someone please get back with the answer.

#2 nicknacknock

nicknacknock

A man of many qualities, even if they are mostly bad ones

• Administrators
  • Loc: Nicosia, Cyprus

Posted 16 January 2021 - 05:47 AM

You switch to preview mode, press the magnifying glass button, search for object, select and go-to. 

Manual with explanations here.

#3 Angel baby

Angel baby

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 January 2021 - 10:51 AM

Thanks for your reply, I have read and reread that manual but there is just one more question before I go ahead and buy the item. There is a list in the manual that lists the compatible mounts and my mount is not on that list,  I have a Celestron AVX, purchased from Green Witchabout a month before they closed their doors, there is a video on YouTube by astrobender that says due to issues with Celestron mounts do not connect the mount to do a Polar Align, so my question is would the ASIAIR control my mount with no problems.

#4 BlakeMC

BlakeMC

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Utah

Posted 17 January 2021 - 04:18 PM

I use an ASIAIR with my Celestron AVX and have had no issues with control, including polar alignment.  Celestron AVX is listed in the drop-down for supported mounts.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics