•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ASIAIR Pro won't recognize ZWO ASI120MM Mini camera (v1.5.1)

astrophotography beginner equipment
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kjobcolorado

kjobcolorado

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Boulder, Colorado

Posted 16 January 2021 - 01:16 PM

I've got a new ASIAIR Pro paired with the ZWO ASI120MM Mini camera w/30 mm guide scope) but the app won't find the camera - dropdown choices are none/empty (see attached image). I did learn that the non-mini ASI120MM/MC is officially not supported per the ZWO website, but that's not my problem. I purchased this setup as a kit, and many others do have it working just fine. I'm stumped. I've verified the camera/cable works by hooking it up to PHD2 - no problem there.  I've verified power output from the ASIAIR Pro usb2 ports (and tried all 4 of the USB2 and USB3 ports). No luck. I just can't get the app to recognize the camera in the dropdowns. I've also tried running this from my android phone as well as an iPad - same results. Lastly, trying with the ASIAIR Pro via wifi or connected to the home network doesn't make a difference. Nor did restarting any/all components of the setup.  

So, does anyone have some advice about how to get the ASIAIR Pro app to find the ASI120MM Mini camera? Thanks in advance. 

Screenshot_20210116-103431_ASIAIR.jpg

Edited by kjobcolorado, 16 January 2021 - 01:17 PM.

#2 Maritime

Maritime

Viking 1

Posted 16 January 2021 - 01:49 PM

As I recall, that is the only zwo it won’t recognize. 

#3 kjobcolorado

kjobcolorado

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Boulder, Colorado

Posted 16 January 2021 - 02:03 PM

As I recall, that is the only zwo it won’t recognize. 

Negative - the ASI120MM Mini is supported (it's the non-mini version that has been dropped). But I appreciate the reply. Supported products shown below.  In fact, this is a popular newbie setup and is sold as a kit. I have to be doing something wrong. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 11.56.26 AM.png

Edited by kjobcolorado, 16 January 2021 - 02:04 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, beginner, equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics