I'm totally new to this but have been intrigued by the idea of using multiple frames with DSS. After reading a lot of threads and suggestions I finally did a test run to see if I could get anything to work at all. I would call it mostly successful and I learned some more in the process. I decided on M42 since it was easy to frame in live view and I ended up taking 42 light frames (not intentionally).
I used 15s frames which I think now is too long for the 8SE since about 75% of them were rejects due to doubling or football shaped stars. DSS deemed that 11 frames were usable so I let it build what it wanted, also with 15 black/flat/offset. I'm also super basic at editing through Gimp and have been trying to learn different techniques on Youtube.
Attached is what I came up with. For 11 frames I thought not great, not terrible. I'm hoping to try again today with 8s or 10s frames and hopefully a lot more usable ones.