•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

2+ hours on M33 with unmodded dslr

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pptw

pptw

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Denmark, Europe

Posted 17 January 2021 - 01:12 AM

Hi all,

Finally weather was good and I had the opportunity to go out again, and shoot the triangulum galaxy.

At the moment, the traingulum galaxy is nice and high in the sky, and little light pollution towards my south west. Picture was shot around new moon.

I only realised weather was turning good a bit too late so i think my triplet was not fully cooled down, and therefore some bloating on the bottom side of brighter stars... Any idea otherwise? Telescope was outside for max20min when I started shooting, coming from warm office space.

Shot from dark bortle 4, Nikon D5300 on ISO200 and no flats/darks/bias. SW Eq5 with stepper motor and esprit 80. 280 shots of 30s, adding up to 2h20m expsosure. No filters.

Some of the basic operations in Siril: background exraction, photometric color calibration, removing green noise, histogram transformation, median filter and deconvolution.

In photoshop some masked processing: star reduction, levels, curves, vibrance and saturation

https://www.astrobin.com/9a590m/

Feedback on processing and final result is very welcome! I tend to struggle a bit what the 'right' order of processing is in Siril. I guess some processing steps are quite order invariant, while other are not. Any help there?

Attached Thumbnails

• result_ps_small.jpg

• Jim Waters, aa5te, AstroFrankMontana and 4 others like this

#2 pptw

pptw

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Denmark, Europe

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:17 AM

Can it be moved to Beginning Deep Sky imaging? I placed it in the wrong forum.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics