•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Finally a clear night with ASI AIR PRO And huge thanks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hornjs

hornjs

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Billings, MT

Posted 19 January 2021 - 10:01 AM

Finally got out late last night with the EAA setup.  Many thanks to the members of the forum for troubleshooting ahead of time.

I am using an edge 8HD, eq6r-pro, asi 294mc pro, asi air pro.  My reducer sadly hasn't come yet.  And not guiding as yet.

I set up last week, but had difficulty getting the Asi air pro and the mount to speak through a usb printer cable.

Thanks to the feeds on here, I had already ordered the eqmod cable. 

Setup didn't take long with balancing and connections.  I did not spend any time focusing with Bahtinov mask as it was already 11pm when I started.  Rough focus only (and poor at that).  This was just to see if everything was speaking to each other.

Polar alignment was straightforward, even though I overcorrected like 12 times. 

I don't have any guiding set up yet.

I traveled around to about six targets allowing about 5 minutes each.  ASI slewed and centered very well.  Live view was easy, but difficult to adjust histogram points on ipad mini with fat fingers.

Now that everything is working as it should, next step is to take a few calibration files beforehand.  Most of the targets I used 30 second exposures, but did do a couple runs of 60 seconds and stars were still round. 

Also looking forward to getting the reducer and getting down to f/7. 

Again thanks for all the useful posts in here that helped getting this setup.     

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_7292 (2).jpg

Edited by hornjs, 19 January 2021 - 10:02 AM.

• Tony Bonanno, roelb, pgs/sdg and 2 others like this

#2 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 19 January 2021 - 10:05 AM

Glad it is working for you.

• hornjs likes this

#3 Rickster

Rickster

Surveyor 1

• Loc: NC Kansas Bortle 3 SQM 21.8+

Posted 19 January 2021 - 03:24 PM

Another successful launch. waytogo.gif

• Astrojedi likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics