•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer 2i -- Wifi Range

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cameron12x

cameron12x

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio

Posted 19 January 2021 - 10:52 AM

Does anyone know of the range of the Wifi on this mount?  10'?  50'?  Other?  TIA!

#2 qswat72

qswat72

Mariner 2

Posted 19 January 2021 - 10:55 AM

I’d say it’s around 10’. Doesn’t work great at a distance, or if there are objects between you and the tracker, but if you are nearby it works great and is quite a useful feature.

#3 cameron12x

cameron12x

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio

Posted 19 January 2021 - 11:06 AM

Have you ever used it from a car with the engine turned on?  Would the vibration of a nearby car affect tracking?

#4 qswat72

qswat72

Mariner 2

Posted 19 January 2021 - 11:26 AM

Have you ever used it from a car with the engine turned on? Would the vibration of a nearby car affect tracking?

I have not, however I think you’d be able to park far enough to avoid vibrations. You don’t have to be constantly connected for the mount to run either, so you can set it up using the WiFi, then head to a car parked a bit further away.
  • cameron12x likes this

#5 Soundboy121

Soundboy121

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 20 January 2021 - 10:58 PM

Hello i am new to CL

i got this for Xmas  

...i am a Newbie...

my wifi drops even when its right next to me? i haven't gotten but maybe 2 minutes of constant connectivity before it drops out ??? 

which app is used to control the mount from iOS? SAM,SynScan/pro??

any help is appreciated

#6 qswat72

qswat72

Mariner 2

Posted 21 January 2021 - 12:53 AM

Hello i am new to CL
i got this for Xmas
...i am a Newbie...
my wifi drops even when its right next to me? i haven't gotten but maybe 2 minutes of constant connectivity before it drops out ???
which app is used to control the mount from iOS? SAM,SynScan/pro??
any help is appreciated

I’m on iOS as well and haven’t had really any issues. I use the SA Console app (also known as the SAM console app but renamed recently).

#7 Soundboy121

Soundboy121

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 22 January 2021 - 04:33 PM

so the problem i had was fixed bu switching power supply to fresh batteries  ....the machine would power up but when a slew command was sent guess there wasn't enuff juice to do both??

is there a way to monitor battery percentage on the app?

#8 qswat72

qswat72

Mariner 2

Posted 22 January 2021 - 04:49 PM

so the problem i had was fixed bu switching power supply to fresh batteries ....the machine would power up but when a slew command was sent guess there wasn't enuff juice to do both??

is there a way to monitor battery percentage on the app?

The app tells you how how many volts the mount is using. It can be found in the bottom right corner. Once it drops below around 4.6V the mount will start having issues. I’ve started running my mount through the USB connection which has gone good so far.

Edited by qswat72, 22 January 2021 - 04:49 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics