•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Scope Availability

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Ponder

Dave Ponder

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Greenville, SC

Posted 20 January 2021 - 03:33 PM

I was looking at several vendors online this morning, some estimated in stock times were up to 6 months.  Is it that scopes are being delivered to retailers but the backlog of orders is such that inventories never make it to “in stock” status or is it that overseas production has been reduced to nothing.  What do you think is really going on?

#2 nfotis

nfotis

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Athens, Greece

Posted 20 January 2021 - 08:30 PM

The hobby has risen in demand due to lockdown etc, while logistics and production suffer at the same time.

If you are impatient, you could use the second hand market (both my scopes, mount, eyepieces were bought used)

N.F.
  • Dave Ponder likes this

#3 sevenofnine

sevenofnine

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Santa Rosa, California

Posted 20 January 2021 - 08:48 PM

It's been a topic of discussion for quite some time. The Covid virus effected production in China more than their government let on. Combined with increased demand due to so many laid off workers with time on their hands and you have the perfect storm for the back order from hell. Patience is a virtue I am told...fingertap.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics