•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

AT80EDT L-Extreme first image (something for my mount failure)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wxcloud

wxcloud

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Denver, Co

Posted 21 January 2021 - 12:43 AM

Looking like the USB port in my EQ6 R pro went out, so no guiding, mount control dithering plate solving etc. Figured I would attempt to salvage something,

Its not much. Its not really even a start but wanted something after waiting so long for a clear night. 30x60sec subs. No calibration frames at all. Thought about just trashing the data but it was more or less just test data anyway, mostly to see what the L-Extreme filter was like (unsurprising, m42 was still bright!) and to see if spacing was good with the flattener reducer. Think there might be a little bit of tilt and whack spacing? And see what an image from the hard to mount for balance AT80EDT.

asi533mc pro. Think I got the background a bit too dark.

undecided.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• gasbubble.jpg

Edited by wxcloud, 21 January 2021 - 12:44 AM.

• DRK73, Hobby Astronomer, limeyx and 2 others like this

#2 Hobby Astronomer

Hobby Astronomer

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Texas

Posted 21 January 2021 - 12:46 AM

Nice image!

#3 cucubits

cucubits

Mariner 2

• Loc: Dallas, TX

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:22 AM

Whoa... Orion fits like that in the frame with that scope and the 533?

I have the same specs and didn't even consider checking out Orion, I thought it wouldn't fit. I must've messed up something in Stellarium when I was framing up objects. Very cool, I need to shoot this too.

#4 wxcloud

wxcloud

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Denver, Co

Posted 21 January 2021 - 01:32 AM

It barely fit and if I got the extended nebulosity, it probably wouldn't. The .8x reducer knocks the focal length down to about 384mm. Now that I think if it, I probably could have rotated the camera a little bit :)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics