I have a thread going on over on the Bisque forum but I thought maybe someone here had a similar experience.
I’ve run three, 300 target, Tpoint models over 3 nights and keep getting around 30 RMS.
I have the following setup:
- Edge14 on an MX+
- Optec secondary focuser
- .7 reducer to an SX35 CCD and a Maxi filter-wheel
In addition to the subpar RMS, there appears to be a symmetrical pattern across the scatter plot that I’m hoping might look familiar to someone.
Some other useful information:
- The balance is near perfect in RA & DEC
- There are no cables interfering (I rerouted everything)
- The primary is rigidly locked using Optec locking knobs
- The AP train connected using only threaded, machined, aluminum components
- Mount sits atop an 8″ diameter 1/2″ wall steel DOM pipe pier
- Aztrozap dew shield
- I verified all pier and mount bolts are as tight as possible
I know I can do better as my last model was around 15 RMS with the same scope/mount/pier….only difference was that was with a Hyperstar configuration and used the primary to focus.
Please find supporting files on my GoogleDrive.
I’m really stuck as to what’s causing this error. Help!
Edited by jsowens, 21 January 2021 - 09:41 PM.