•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Asiair Pro plus Extender - To join or not to join

astrophotography EAA equipment imaging planetarium software
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mhp_sd

Mhp_sd

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: Denver, CO

Posted 23 January 2021 - 10:40 AM

Should I leave well - enough alone?

I am currently using the TP-Link AC750 Wi-Fi Travel Router TL-WR902AC connected to my Asiair Pro.  Currently I run ethernet from the AAP to the extender and use the extender to create a network which reaches my house.  I can connect via my iPad.  For the most part, it works well.  For some reason Sky Safari Plus reaches the mount (ioptron cem25p) at different ip addresses depending on whether I am on the native AAP network or the extender, but as long as I remember to change the settings when I switch networks it is fine.

Is there a reason not to use the station mode?  I am finding it frustrating to have to switch networks when trying to pull over data.   Could I use the range extender to attach to my home network and continue to use an ethernet cable run to the AAP to assure connection?  I don't see much mention of this and I wonder if there is a Gotcha I am missing?

Thank you for any insights.

• hornjs likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, EAA, equipment, imaging, planetarium software

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics