•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ScopeStuff Retraction

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hypergolic

hypergolic

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Richmond Hill, Georgia

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:01 AM

All

In an earlier posting, I expressed my frustration with ScopeStuff. I don't recall the exact forum at the moment. I later talked personally with the proprietor and had a pleasant, long conversation with him. My issue was sorted out and all is good with the world. Some took exception to my earlier comments. For that misstep on my part, I apologize.

v/r

Fleep

• Jon Isaacs, Dave Ponder, Jim Davenport and 6 others like this

#2 Maritime

Maritime

Viking 1

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:06 AM

He is very likable, and quite smart. 

• CounterWeight and BDS316 like this

#3 alvacouch

alvacouch

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Woburn, MA USA

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:16 AM

He's bailed me out of a ton of annoying problems over the years with timely suggestions. 

• CounterWeight likes this

#4 spaceoddity

spaceoddity

Vanguard

• Loc: Cloudsylvania

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:49 AM

Good to have Mom and Pop vendors who also supply hard to find parts. 

• izar187, moonrider and CeeKay like this

#5 jmillsbss

jmillsbss

Viking 1

• Loc: New Albany, Mississippi, USA

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:58 AM

All

In an earlier posting, I expressed my frustration with ScopeStuff. I don't recall the exact forum at the moment. I later talked personally with the proprietor and had a pleasant, long conversation with him. My issue was sorted out and all is good with the world. Some took exception to my earlier comments. For that misstep on my part, I apologize.

v/r

Fleep

We all have frustrations with vendors.  And customers.  I've been in self-employed status since 1993.  I deal with people every day.  I can satisfy most, but there's always that one guy that can't seem to be pleased with something.  I don't hold it against him, because, just like me, we're all human.  We all can't have our way all the time.  The measure of a man's character is how he deals with it when he knows he's run a little too wild.  Good for you for seeing the error of your ways.  Good for SS, for being able to bear with all of us.  God knows, I couldn't do it!

#6 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 23 January 2021 - 12:00 PM

I have had the chance to speak to Jim in the past, and he really is a nice guy. In my experience, he is  very concerned that he is selling you the right part for your needs.

• CeeKay likes this

#7 petert913

petert913

Aurora

• Loc: Silverton, OR

Posted 23 January 2021 - 12:18 PM

Always been a big fan of ScopeStuff.

• BDS316 and moonrider like this

#8 hypergolic

hypergolic

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Richmond Hill, Georgia

Posted 23 January 2021 - 12:23 PM

Jim is a ham, like me, similar humor. I could eat bbq and drink beer with the guy and talk about southern stuff all day and not get bored.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics