•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Guiding ... (beginners)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 limeyx

limeyx

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:08 PM

Just a reminder to check your guiding settings. I was playing with the muti-star guiding in PHD2 and watch a Youtube Video from Cuiz the "Lazy geek" on it just to make sure I was not missing anything

He mentioned that it allowed him to drop his loop / exposure time in PHD from 3-4 sec down to 1 for guiding.

That triggered me as I had a hard time getting focus in PHD initially and finally got it working with 4 sec also, but once it was working, I left it all alone so as not to curse it

Last night I had multi-star and went back to a 1 sec loop and ... it worked (amazingly)

It's only one data point and last night was reallly cold and so guiding was just better, but I got 0.84 RMS in the RA axis over a 5.4 hour session when usually I am in the 1.75-2 range !

As I said, only one data point but might be worth for other beginners to play with this

• bobzeq25 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics