trying to understand if when I do plate solving as I'm setting up for a session matters? what my workflow has been is as follows:
- turn everything on
- go to the 'sky atlas' tab & find the target & hit 'set as sequence target'
- go to manual focus tab, select a manual focus star & slew to it
- plate solve that
- set camera to looping & dial in focus
- go back to sky atlas & hit 'slew to'
- plate solve at the target image location
- in sequencer select slew to & center to along with start guiding
- start sequence
last session I was testing different sub lengths but using the above even though the PS showed successful the target was not in the FOV. Its been successful in the past when doing the above but once or twice when starting the sequence the scope would reposition slightly & be off target. if I went back & did another plate solve the image would center & if I selected 'slew to' in the sequencer everything was fine
trying to figure out a better work flow that will guarantee success each time without having to manually verify i'm centered? what does everyone else do?