•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

EQMOD rejects sync

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RadOD

RadOD

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Eau Claire, Wi

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:10 PM

How do I override EQMOD's objection to a sync that is too big of a change: "Sync Data too big...Ignoring."???  EQMOD refuses to allow a sync to the correct coordinates because it is set wildly incorrect. 

For example, last night I accidentally clicked sync instead of slew in CdC.  EQMOD accepted the incorrect sync, but then refused the plate solved coordinates from SGP.  The new coordinates should be highly accurate.

Or my battery died from the cold late last night and in the morning I manually moved it home and tried to sync it to Polaris in CdC -- which I know is roughly where it is pointing, but again, EQMOD rejects the values.

I cleared alignment and sync data.  I allowed site writes.  Is there a setting somewhere to force sync?

#2 jdupton

jdupton

Gemini

• Loc: Central Texas, USA

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:20 PM

RadOD,

It sounds like EQMOD was in "Append on Sync" mode. If only one point was in error and you know which point it was (probably the last), you can select and then delete that one point using the Alignment Point Editor. If you have many points in the model and do not know which is in error, you may have to clear them all (Delete Alignment Points) and then do the new plate solve and Sync.

John

Edited by jdupton, 23 January 2021 - 02:36 PM.

#3 descott12

descott12

Gemini

• Loc: Charlotte, NC

Posted 23 January 2021 - 03:04 PM

Yep. Been there done that. I just clear all points and start over.

#4 RadOD

RadOD

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Eau Claire, Wi

Posted 23 January 2021 - 08:13 PM

I thought I had clicked clear the clear alignment and clear sync data... but good to know that is the solution.  I'll make sure they are all cleared next time.

Thanks!

#5 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 24 January 2021 - 09:48 AM

Let us know if that cures the problem for you.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics