•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Baader Clicklock eyepiece clamp for Celestron and Skywatcher (M56)

accessories
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 radarsski

radarsski

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Pacific Northwest

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:31 PM

Hello all, I bought a Baader 2" clicklock eyepiece clamp the other day and as I was ordering it I noticed at the bottom of the description that it said it  will also work with the Orion 80ED refractor. It came in the mail and by golly, it wont work as I have an Orion 80EDT CF refractor which is totally different. The part is Baader 2" Clicklock Eyepiece clamp for Celestron and Skywatcher Refractors (M56) #CLSKYW-2 2956296. The problem is that the clamp has m56 female threads on the telescope side and my OTA has female threads on the focuser side. The thread size on the focuser size, I don't know what they are. Maybe someone had the Orion 80EDT CF and knows this answer, as during Covid, trying to get answers out of certain manufacturers is almost impossible.  I was wanting to know if anyone has knowledge of a way I can use some kind of an adapter to marry the clamp to my drawtube other than superglue. :) I can send it back for my refund but this is an awesome accessory and I want it as part of my imaging train so I don't dump a camera on the ground. I will try to get some answers out of Baader's tech guys but as of now, any ideas? 

Thanx for any suggestions and Ill keep trying to get info from vendors.

Clear Skies, Radarsski

#2 wrvond

wrvond

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: West Virginia

Posted 24 January 2021 - 04:50 AM

Agenaastro is very quick to respond to questions concerning Baader products.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics