•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Recent PI PixelMath update broke the Repaired HSV Separation script

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff2011

Jeff2011

Soyuz

• topic starter
  • Loc: Sugar Land, TX

Posted 24 January 2021 - 12:21 AM

The recent PixelMath update to PI now appears to require a space before and after an operator.  This broke the Repaired HSV Separation script and may have broken others.  You can easily fix this script by editing the RepairedHSVSeparation.js file in the PI script editor and change line 286 from

let expr = inputWindowCopy.mainView.id + "-" + data.BlackClips;

to 

let expr = inputWindowCopy.mainView.id + " - " + data.BlackClips;

The change may not look apparent but what I did was add a space before and after the minus sign.  To be able to save the file you have to run PI as an administrator if you are using Windows. 

Note that this is a third party script available at https://www.skypixel...HVB_Repository/  and is not part of the PI release.

Edited by Jeff2011, 24 January 2021 - 12:23 AM.

• limeyx likes this

#2 Jeff2011

Jeff2011

Soyuz

• topic starter
  • Loc: Sugar Land, TX

Posted 24 January 2021 - 10:19 AM

My friend reported to me that he updated this morning and did not have the issue.  When I checked for updates, it looks like PI has fixed the issue.  This is the third PixelMath update I have received in the last few days.

Capture.JPG

• astro140 and limeyx like this

#3 pfile

pfile

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----

Posted 24 January 2021 - 11:38 PM

yes it was a bug and broke any script which did not have spaces between variable names and operator.s this is the 2nd bugfix release of the new pixelmath module that supports 'intermediate images'. hopefully we are OK now.

rob

• Jeff2011 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics