•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ZWO ASIAir Pro and IEQ30 PRO

accessories astrophotography beginner equipment mount tripod
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sm176811

sm176811

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: San Francisco, CA

Posted 24 January 2021 - 04:00 AM

HI Guys

Just got the ASIAir Pro and iOptron IEQ30 Pro (used). I have having some issues with 'Zero Position' and Goto Targets.

- I managed to do the polar alignment (after leveling, and focusing the scope)

- Moved the scope manually using the arrow keys on ZWO ASIAir Pro software to random part of the sky

- Took a Preview photo + Platesolved (it did seem to suggest that the plate solving worked)

- Synced the results of plate solving with the scope (mount)

- Then these are the issues

1. When i try GOTO, the scope tries to go to random location

2. Goto Zero position also goes to random location (hitting the legs of the mount)

What am i doing wrong?

P.S.: I seem to start the scope / mount  in a position with the DEC axis 180 degree from what is usually shown on the manual. I.e., the DEC and the RA locks are on opposite sides (the iOptron manual seem to show them at the same side). Will that matter?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories, astrophotography, beginner, equipment, mount, tripod

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics