I'm still relatively new at DSO imaging and processing. However, I decided to try a more difficult object... NGC7380. I am really disappointed with the results, but am not sure whether the cause is my data or my processing... or both. I'm hoping that some of you might take a shot at processing (and post the results)... will help me know the source of my problem.
Here's the data:
- 80mm refractor (F6)/ASI183MC Pro camera/PHD2 Guided with ZWO 30mm(F4)/ASI120MC
- 89 lights - 120 secs, 120 gain, -10c, 10 offset
- 20 darks
- 20 flats
- 20 bias
- Subs stacked with APP. No modifications/stretching.
There are challenges with this object from my location:
- It is in the direction of Raleigh, NC, which provides substantial light pollution
- There are several subs that include power lines
- Seeing and transparency were from below average to average
- I'm getting some "creeping" with my guiding... first time this has happened.
Here's the link:
Appreciate any help!
Edited by RonaldNC, 24 January 2021 - 10:31 AM.