•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

DPAC Test - Orion XT8 OTA

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#101 Mcloud

Mcloud

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 19 March 2021 - 03:57 AM

Each and every one of my Chinese Dobs have had fine optics, some better than others but all were competent and impressive. My 8 inch unit was freakishly good allowing me to hit 400 in Pittsburgh city skies regularly. That scope was aquired as a stand in for my Vixen refractor long wait repair time and I ended up selling the Vixen and adding a platform to my Synta Dob. After flocking and eyepiece upgrades it served me happily until I felt I was ready for more aperture but even then I regret having let it go.
  • scotsman328i likes this

#102 Mcloud

Mcloud

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 19 March 2021 - 11:31 AM

Dobstuff

Ahhh this makes me wish that Discovery could keep it together. The poster child for what you are wishing for and me too. They even did custom configurations for reasonable prices. I was really getting geared to take up a longer focal length 7 inch newtonian, or something that you don't see much of on the market. Mine was going to be specialized for planetary in my viewing conditions.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics