•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Brunson 230 Metrology Stand. Mobile pedestal?

astrophotography DIY equipment imaging mount observatory tripod
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lrsafari

Lrsafari

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: Phoenix, Arizona

Posted 25 January 2021 - 12:18 AM

Something I acquired a while ago, along with the companion model 75H Optical Transit/Level/Theodolite and model 190 optical micrometer . I was wondering if anyone has ever used one for Astronomy, EAA or Astrophotography? Otherwise just sharing what I thought was a cool find.

Brunson-Metrology-Stand-230-Series.jpg

Wheeled, foot actuated drop for the wheels. This places it on 3 adjustable pins. My thought is if I can't initially use it in an observatory, I can drill 3 points in the driveway, already setup with polar alignment, and leveled. This one has the hollow center column. which will be nice to run power, USB, etc for OnStep. 

The version I have is the one pictured and linked, I believe. The unit itself weighs 185Lbs/84 Kilos. Has a max payload of 150Lbs/68 Kilos. Theoretically swing a 12"-14" Newtonian easily scared.gif

These are commonly used with the transit in aircraft manufacturing, plant/facility layout and other applications that require very high precision measurement. 

• Dynan likes this

#2 Dynan

Dynan

Fly Me to the Moon

• Vendors
  • Loc: NOLA

Posted 25 January 2021 - 04:36 AM

I know a woman that could make a lamp out of it...

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, DIY, equipment, imaging, mount, observatory, tripod

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics