•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Magazine Distribution

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#26 Douglas Matulis

Douglas Matulis

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 10 February 2021 - 11:01 AM

I, too, am having this problem with Sky & Telescope--not with issues arriving late, but with issues never arriving at all! 
<…snip…>

That is my exact situation, no Dec, no Feb, and no March issues came and I got two Jan 2021 issues.  

#27 BwanaBob

BwanaBob

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Maryland, USA

Posted 12 February 2021 - 07:35 PM

2 January's, late Feb, still no March.  

#28 Traveler

Traveler

Soyuz

• Loc: The Netherlands

Posted 14 February 2021 - 10:27 AM

i am really fed up with S&T dsitrubution: from june till now, i only recieved issues after sending S&T mail messages....

Come on S&T!.

#29 Douglas Matulis

Douglas Matulis

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 15 February 2021 - 10:18 AM

i am really fed up with S&T dsitrubution: from june till now, i only recieved issues after sending S&T mail messages....

Come on S&T!.

Same here, if the April issue does not come then I am cancelling.  I thought I was convinced it was a USPS issue, but now with problems with Dec, Jan, Feb, March, I think something is wrong at S&T sadly.

If my other my magazine subscriptions were experiencing the same issues, I'd say USPS, but they are not.  Has to be S&T problem.

#30 polaroidia

polaroidia

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 15 February 2021 - 08:16 PM

I had the exact same issue (no pun intended) in the Chicago area. I cancelled my subscription after 38 consecutive years. In one 8 month period last year I didn't receive two issues and two others arrived in such a mangled state it's a wonder I got them at all. Something changed in the handling/delivery method. I've lived at the same address for the last 20 years and never missed a single issue.

#31 rutherfordt

rutherfordt

Viking 1

• Loc: Northeast Tennessee USA

Posted 16 February 2021 - 06:58 AM

I have the February and March 2021 issues of Sky & Tel here in my hand-- the February label is affixed with two rows of that rubbery glue that many of us are familiar with.  It was firmly attached, but I was able to peel it off.  The March issue is different-- the label so firmly attached (different adhesive) that I don't think I could remove it without destroying the cover (I tried to but was unable to do so)-- maybe they have changed adhesives and now the problem is fixed.  As an aside, I have been a subscriber for almost 50 years (egad!) and in all that time I have missed only one issue-- it occurred back in the 80's when I moved all the way across the state. 

Edited by rutherfordt, 16 February 2021 - 07:02 AM.

#32 ArneN

ArneN

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Norway

Posted 16 February 2021 - 07:38 AM

No March issue so far.

But They managed to send me an early bird renewal letter: $ 84.95!

At the same time I got a welcome back offer from Astronomy:$ 24.95!

Decision is easy.

Arne, on and off S&T since 1971

Edited by ArneN, 16 February 2021 - 07:39 AM.

• faackanders2 likes this

#33 Galaxy Galoot

Galaxy Galoot

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 16 February 2021 - 01:07 PM

I have the February and March 2021 issues of Sky & Tel here in my hand-- the February label is affixed with two rows of that rubbery glue that many of us are familiar with.  It was firmly attached, but I was able to peel it off.  The March issue is different-- the label so firmly attached (different adhesive) that I don't think I could remove it without destroying the cover (I tried to but was unable to do so)-- maybe they have changed adhesives and now the problem is fixed.  As an aside, I have been a subscriber for almost 50 years (egad!) and in all that time I have missed only one issue-- it occurred back in the 80's when I moved all the way across the state. 

Glad to hear about the new glue. Unfortunately I still have not received either the February or the March issues. I also never received the November and December issues of last year, but I have given up on them.

#34 GOLGO13

GOLGO13

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: West Virginia

Posted 16 February 2021 - 04:14 PM

Glad to hear about the new glue. Unfortunately I still have not received either the February or the March issues. I also never received the November and December issues of last year, but I have given up on them.

Send them a note on the missing issues and they should send them to you.

• swalker likes this

#35 GOLGO13

GOLGO13

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 16 February 2021 - 04:48 PM

I have all of mine through March. I did have to get my November of last year resent. It came no problem.

#36 GOLGO13

GOLGO13

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:40 PM

I got my April magazine today...so no issues recently for me at least. But I can say the mail in general has been really messed up for a few months. I wouldn't doubt that is why some folks had issues.

#37 Raul Leon

Raul Leon

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Tampa Florida

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:57 PM

I live in Florida and have had to call Sky & Tel at least twice about issues not arriving. I did get my issues but way later. It is annoying,especially when others I know have gotten their issues very early. I thought it was just my mailman but now after reading all of these I seem to feel it's more of the magazine's fault.

#38 Traveler

Traveler

Soyuz

Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:51 AM

Send them a note on the missing issues and they should send them to you.

I did all the time...and the magazines come in 6 weeks...this is not a good solution...im sorry S&T!

#39 GOLGO13

GOLGO13

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:42 AM

I live in Florida and have had to call Sky & Tel at least twice about issues not arriving. I did get my issues but way later. It is annoying,especially when others I know have gotten their issues very early. I thought it was just my mailman but now after reading all of these I seem to feel it's more of the magazine's fault.

It's possible it is them. The only other magazine I get regularly is Bass Player magazine. Those seem to come no problem. 

Could have been an issue with the glue on the cover paper. If that gets pulled off easily that is a problem. On the current issue it's on OK but I was able to take it off fairly easily. 

I have a feeling the mail folks are not being easy on mail lately trying to catch up.

#40 Douglas Matulis

Douglas Matulis

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:38 AM

I got my April magazine today...so no issues recently for me at least. But I can say the mail in general has been really messed up for a few months. I wouldn't doubt that is why some folks had issues.

Still waiting on original and/or replacement February and March issues, nothing yet.  I doubt I will see the April issue, but hopeful.  If I don't start getting issues consistently soon, I have to give up and cancel and that grieves me.

Edited by Douglas Matulis, 23 February 2021 - 10:38 AM.

#41 GOLGO13

GOLGO13

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:44 AM

Still waiting on original and/or replacement February and March issues, nothing yet.  I doubt I will see the April issue, but hopeful.  If I don't start getting issues consistently soon, I have to give up and cancel and that grieves me.

I'd bother them a few times if they don't answer. You may even try messaging some of the folks on CN here who work there. I've had luck with that in the past.

#42 Douglas Matulis

Douglas Matulis

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:47 PM

I'd bother them a few times if they don't answer. You may even try messaging some of the folks on CN here who work there. I've had luck with that in the past.

Well, I don't really want to bother any of the editors with this problem since it is not really their responsibility I guess.  Like them to focus on more great articles wink.gif  Although one was kind enough to send me a December issue when the main office said there were none left.  I called the main office about 3-4 weeks ago to get February and March issues replaced, but have not gotten them as of today.

#43 GOLGO13

GOLGO13

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:57 PM

There was a guy who appeared to not be an editor on here answering some questions. Hopefully they come in the thread at some point.

Hopefully they get things turned around soon. I know they are new to the business, but they seem to want to make things better there.

#44 GOLGO13

GOLGO13

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:01 PM

https://www.cloudyni...cription/page-3

Check that thread. The guy Kevin isn't too active, but it appears he still logs on here and there. A PM would be worth trying as he may get an email on it.

#45 Traveler

Traveler

Soyuz

Posted 24 February 2021 - 12:57 AM

I informed S&T already about this topic by mail.

#46 Douglas Matulis

Douglas Matulis

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:39 PM

Well good news!!!!

Today I got my replacement Feb and March issues issues, sent together in a envelop.  And, I got the regular  April issue.  How ironic that all three showed up on the same day. The April issue did not come in the usual clear plastic wrapper, so maybe S&T is trying something to help with the delivery issues.  The address label was glued directly to the magazine.  One edge was starting to come off, but the glue seemed to be holding it on well.  It did peal off with little resistance and removing it did not damage the magazine cover.

I am hoping this is the end of the issues I have been having.  My hope is restored. smile.gif

• RogerLaureys likes this

#47 GOLGO13

GOLGO13

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:11 PM

Good deal. It’s good for them to hear the feedback though. In case improvements can be made
  • Douglas Matulis likes this

#48 beatlejuice

beatlejuice

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Hamilton, ON,Canada

Posted 26 February 2021 - 02:42 PM

I’ve been a subscriber to both magazines for going on 3 years now.  I have never missed an issue of either one so far, however a little over a week ago I received the February issue of Astronomy and the March issue of S&T on the same day.

Never had an issue with S & T.  In fact I think they arrive to fast.  This week I got the Feb issue of Astronomy Now and the April issue of S & T on the same day.  (Covid issue at large postal plant caused delay of international mail)

Eric

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics