•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Ascom selection with Stellarium 0.20.4

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bdoyle

bdoyle

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: Silver Springs, Nevada

Posted 25 January 2021 - 04:30 PM

When I try to configure a telescope in Stellarium there is no ASCOM selection. All indications show it should be there but it's not. Shows V 0.4.0 plugin with Gion Kunz credits. What did I miss? Where did I go wrong?

Thanks,

Brian

edit - Stellarium 0.20.4 wrong version in title

Edited by bdoyle, 25 January 2021 - 05:34 PM.

#2 terrypaula

terrypaula

Messenger

Posted 25 January 2021 - 04:35 PM

Did you install all the ascom drivers and extensions along the appropriate cables.  Really the kind of equipment your using would help too.

#3 bdoyle

bdoyle

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: Silver Springs, Nevada

Posted 25 January 2021 - 05:05 PM

I have the ASCOM driver platform and driver installed and have tested it. All seem to work. But the menu selection does not show up.

It is a Skyview Pro EQ mount with a SynScan handcontroller (V3). I have driven it directly with Stellarium thru usb / serial connection. Recently install SharpCap Pro and was looking at the polar alignment section which I assumed it wanted ASCOM. It just seemed that the menus depicted in the Stellarium manual would be reflected in the software. A lot going on here but it is snowing and I can mock this up to test.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics