•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Metal print

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GSBass

GSBass

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: South Carolina

Posted 25 January 2021 - 06:09 PM

Kinda interesting, was curious what metal prints looked like so ordered a set, you can’t really tell from photo but the colors actually look metallic, Mars is copperish and lots of silver tones in Jupiter and Saturn , I may have to try again with some moon shots because it is unique, I don’t think I would select this if I were wanting details though , it’s highly reflective and changes at different angles

Attached Thumbnails

• E842779E-A7E1-4E14-88DC-9602FBE0CC9B.jpeg

• Kenny V. and photomagica like this

#2 tjschultz2011

tjschultz2011

Messenger

• Loc: Eldorado, WI

Posted 25 January 2021 - 06:30 PM

Looks great! I just got a metal print done recently of M42 and I love it. The colors really pop and it looks almost 3D

IMG_9818.JPG

• Creedence and dcaponeii like this

#3 yzhzhang

yzhzhang

Viking 1

• Loc: San Diego, CA

Posted 25 January 2021 - 06:42 PM

Looks great! However most of the places I found deliver these expensively... Do you have recommended vendors?

#4 GSBass

GSBass

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 January 2021 - 07:00 PM

I ordered mine from printerpix, read reviews after advising against it but they look ok, it was somewhere around 25 for a 4 pak of 8x8, but yeah they are super expensive at most places.... I just wanted to experiment as cheap as I could

Looks great! However most of the places I found deliver these expensively... Do you have recommended vendors?

• yzhzhang likes this

#5 GSBass

GSBass

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 January 2021 - 07:01 PM

Yours is beautiful....I think it may be well suited for nebula

Looks great! I just got a metal print done recently of M42 and I love it. The colors really pop and it looks almost 3D

attachicon.gifIMG_9818.JPG

#6 tjschultz2011

tjschultz2011

Messenger

Posted 25 January 2021 - 07:30 PM

I got mine from Artbeat Studios. They specialize in metal and acrylic prints but also do regular paper and metallic paper as well. From what I've seen so far their quality is great. The price for a 30x20 metal print like mine is $123

• yzhzhang and GSBass like this

#7 tjschultz2011

tjschultz2011

Messenger

Posted 25 January 2021 - 07:32 PM

Yours is beautiful....I think it may be well suited for nebula

Thanks! I bought a couple of small remote controlled LED display lights and mounted them on the ceiling above the print. They really help highlight all the detail and don't show any glare off the glossy surface. 

• GSBass likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics