•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Thinking about Sky Watcher AZ GTi mount.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scotsman328i

scotsman328i

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: Charleston, South Carolina

Posted 27 January 2021 - 09:34 AM

Hi all,

I’m thinking about purchasing one of those Sky Watcher AZ GTi mounts for simple grab and go wide field observing from my backyard. Not planning on any astrophotography at this time. Anyone have one of these? I see they come with the main electronic body, extension pillar and tripod. I plan on putting a TeleVue 76 (see image) on it for visual observing, so I have tracking ability. I’ve read information on CN from some discussing wedges, polar accessories and so forth, but I gather that is for perfect alignment for astrophotography. Anyone here simply use the AZ GTi, extension pillar and tripod with a short tube refractor without any additional accessories? Is the system pretty accurate? What kind of bracket would I need to attach my TV76 to the mount?

Thanks all for your input!

Attached Thumbnails

• 2F36EBE9-2C1D-4E83-9905-748B2A6AA969.jpeg

#2 jupiter122

jupiter122

Ranger 4

• Loc: Sudbury, MA; Gray, Maine

Posted 27 January 2021 - 09:51 AM

If you search the mounts forum on this site, you’ll see lots of discussions about this mount. You can also find some good videos on YouTube.

Good luck and clear skies.

Tim
  • scotsman328i likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics