•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

This week's Tele Vue Blog: Imaging NM Skies with a TV-76

refractor imaging eq equipment dso optics mount
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stars4jon

Stars4jon

Vendor (TeleVue)

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Orange Co., NY

Posted 28 January 2021 - 08:47 AM

Brian Paczkowski has been employed by NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California since 1983. Some of his work includes the Galileo Mission to Jupiter and the Cassini Mission to Saturn.  He is currently the Europa Clipper Science Manager.

Every clear night he images with his Tele Vue-76 installed at a remote observatory located at Dark Sky New Mexico (DSNM). He dedicates his Instagram wall of astroimages, “to my love of astrophotography.”

Our blog features Brian’s outstanding deep sky images with the Tele Vue-76. He also discusses how he went from “using a cheap 4.5-in Newtonian” to a career in astronomy and planetary science.

Please read and share our latest blog through this shortened link:

Tele Vue-76: Imaging New Mexico Skies!

Caption for the photo below: Bode’s Galaxy (M81), Cigar Galaxy (M82) by Instagram user Brian Paczkowski . All rights reserved. Used by permission. Tele Vue-76 telescope with Tele Vue TRF-2008 0.8x Reducer/Flattener and QSI 683 CCD camera riding on 10Micron GM2000 HPS II mount. Exposure through Astrodon Lum+Ha+RGB filters at -20C (22 hours of LRGB data and 15 hours of Hydrogen-Alpha). Processed in PixInsight and Photoshop. Images acquired in December 2020.

Attached Thumbnails

• Brian-Paczkowski-Bode-1037x800.jpg

• Bill Jensen, vrotondi and GalaxyPiper like this

#2 wizbang396

wizbang396

Vostok 1

• ****-

Posted 28 January 2021 - 09:31 AM

It's a beautiful image picking up more nebulosity in the 15 hours, and of course a very dark sky.  I am satisfied with the 2.5 to 5 hours of imaging I do and the fairly "dark" sky I have.   Like it is said, "Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder".  Do appreciate those long exposure photography and this is just one of them. .  Thank you.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: refractor, imaging, eq, equipment, dso, optics, mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics