•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Classic.965 to 1.25 adapter. Hobby killer?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 Bowlerhat

Bowlerhat

Apollo

• Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Posted Yesterday, 06:37 PM

do not forget there are many wonderful .965 eyepieces available.  They are not cheap, but companies like Zeiss, Tak, Nikon and others while expensive made many great .965" eyepieces which are still cherished today.

The very best ones are not cheap, but still cheaper than the modern ones. Not mentioning if you post a classifieds you might get a whooping deal. But at long focal length even the normal ones are quite forgiving anyway.

Regarding hobby killer: nah-it's more like a marketing term thrown around. Truth is even the worst hobby killer would be able to hook you up with the view of the moon for the first time. It's more of the person rather than the scope.

Edited by Bowlerhat, Yesterday, 06:39 PM.

#27 pdxmoon

pdxmoon

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Oregon

Posted Yesterday, 06:46 PM

https://www.amazon.c...14642098&sr=8-7

Great and easy guide.

And since the moon is likely to be the easiest target, find a good lunar map. The Sky and Telescope laminated one is my favorite, but seems to be out of print.

• Marc-Andre and Terra Nova like this

#28 Terra Nova

Terra Nova

ISS

• Loc: Cincinnati Metro Area

Posted Yesterday, 07:53 PM

https://www.amazon.c...14642098&sr=8-7

Great and easy guide.

And since the moon is likely to be the easiest target, find a good lunar map. The Sky and Telescope laminated one is my favorite, but seems to be out of print.

I had the Edmund version many years ago. Planispheres are really handy, even in the days of smart phone apps. I have two and keep them in my two field kits. It’s a great way to plan your evening by looking at what’s coming up and what’s going down. Especially if you’re not a nightly, or even once or twice a week observer, which I’m not. Especially during winter! They’re also a great way for Newbies to learn the sky. All you need is one, a red flashlight, and your good old eyeballs!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics