•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Autofocuser

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gilgm

Gilgm

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Dublin

Posted 20 February 2021 - 05:16 PM

Does anyone know if the ZWO EAF focuser is compatible with the APM - LZOS Telescope Apo Refractor 130 52mm, 3.7-inch focuser? Reason I ask is I already have the ASI Air pro . Thanks
  • durak and PirateMike like this

#2 durak

durak

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Utah

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:12 PM

Does anyone know if the ZWO EAF focuser is compatible with the APM - LZOS Telescope Apo Refractor 130 52mm, 3.7-inch focuser? Reason I ask is I already have the ASI Air pro . Thanks

I don't want to sound like a jerk but I can't imagine sticking an EAF on a scope like that. I understand that you already own the asiair pro but dang...

• SimonIRE and Gilgm like this

#3 Chris Ryan

Chris Ryan

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Flaxton, Qld, Australia

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:06 AM

I don't want to sound like a jerk but I can't imagine sticking an EAF on a scope like that. I understand that you already own the asiair pro but dang...

If the mechanics of the APM's focuser are sound, what's the problem with using an EAF for the motorisation/control? 

I can't answer the OP's question directly, but I read here a recent purchaser of that scope applied a Sesto Senso 2 to it but had to get an adapter for it.  I suspect you might need something similar.

• Gilgm likes this

#4 SimonIRE

SimonIRE

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: South East England

Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:08 AM

Inclined to agree - it will work but such a great scope. I use an Optec Quick synch with mine. 

• Gilgm likes this

#5 Gilgm

Gilgm

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Dublin

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:36 AM

Thanks all - only reason for ZWO is I have an Asi Air pro - , will take a look at Quick Synch, Senso and Pegasus too.

Edited by Gilgm, 23 February 2021 - 08:44 AM.

#6 VinceU1a

VinceU1a

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Speedway, IN

Posted Yesterday, 09:47 AM

If this scope uses the same 3.7" RPA focuser that TSOptics uses then yes it is a direct bolt on.  I only needed to get a pair of long 2mm screws to mount it up. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics