•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

stupid answer for stupid question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 enddumper

enddumper

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:45 PM

i have a stellarvue 80mm refractor with feather touch 2in focuser on it, while i was reassembling the front objective lens after cleaning it i am looking down the tube from the front and noticed i can see a lot of daylight under the focuser between the tube as well half way up the sides of the focuser and tube walls, is this correct or are they supposed to be sealed off at this end anybody have any ideas please let me know thanks guys

#2 Wei

Wei

Explorer 1

• Loc: SF East Bay

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:55 PM

If you look from the side where you put the diagonal and don't see the light leak I suppose you can live with it.

#3 KTAZ

KTAZ

Apollo

• Loc: Scottsdale, AZ

Posted 21 February 2021 - 05:08 PM

i have a stellarvue 80mm refractor with feather touch 2in focuser on it, while i was reassembling the front objective lens after cleaning it i am looking down the tube from the front and noticed i can see a lot of daylight under the focuser between the tube as well half way up the sides of the focuser and tube walls, is this correct or are they supposed to be sealed off at this end anybody have any ideas please let me know thanks guys

That should NOT be the case. The interior of that tube should be dark.

• Cali likes this

#4 enddumper

enddumper

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:35 PM

yeah thats what i thought i can see the two roller wheels exposed on each side of the focuser is their supposed to be a cover or something back their

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics