•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Resizing a lot of .fit files and other solutions

Astrophotography CMOS Software
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 avodcap7

avodcap7

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: 54° N 24° E

Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:07 AM

So, I captured two hours of data with my ASIair pro. The images (2x2 bin, 0 gain) from my 294mc pro are at a size of 2072x1410 px, while my darks, which I took with APT from my house are at a size of 2072x1411 px. JUST ONE PIXEL MORE, and deep sky stacker says that they do not match in height. I can't figure how to resize a lot of images and keep all the data (40 darks at 180s). Maybe there are settings to let me stack darks and lights when they are different in size? Can I resize a lot of photos at once?

Hope for some answers,

Emilis

#2 dghent

dghent

Viking 1

• Vendors

Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:50 AM

The issue here is that you don't really know which column of pixels to remove. I would honestly just reshoot the darks, but using the AAP.

#3 Mert

Mert

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Spain, Pamplona

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:29 AM

If you want to try, you might use Imagecontainer in Pixinsight.

#4 avodcap7

avodcap7

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: 54° N 24° E

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:35 AM

The issue here is that you don't really know which column of pixels to remove. I would honestly just reshoot the darks, but using the AAP.

*sigh* , will have to waste another 2 hours then :,)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, CMOS, Software

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics