•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Taking pictures of the moon question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rocksolid

rocksolid

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:36 AM

So I have taken a few pics of the moon, but they never seem to be in focus. I am holding my cell phone and I'm sure that's a factor. I bought a cheap phone holder but it's not big enough for my scope, so I guess I have a few questions. How should I set my cell phone to get the best picture of the moon? I am guessing they are not clear because the moon is moving and my phone is not set up right for a moving object and I am holding a phone as well. Also can you recommend a good but cheap camera holder? If it helps I have a Mead lightbridge 130. Thanks.

#2 bips3453

bips3453

Explorer 1

• Loc: MN 55016

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:59 AM

Hey! Lunar Observing and Imaging forum would be a better fit for questions about photographing the moon. 

• rocksolid likes this

#3 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:07 AM

Moving this topic from EAA to Lunar Observing and Imaging for a potentially better fit.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics