•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Finally some Sun!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mike G.

Mike G.

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: Oberlin, Ohio

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:39 AM

after months of completely overcast skies, got up this morning to sunlight coming in the window.  just a few clouds and 40 F!  OMG, what is happening?  got the Lunt out and set up on the TW1.  started looking and found 3 spots and several proms, one of which is huge - hopefully somebody will catch this one in detail with their camera.  one of the spots (haven't been following the labeling lately since it didn't matter) has a very nice active region around it with nice swirling filaments and other fine details.  very nice if you can check it out.  clouds expected later (even now I can see them coming) but it has really been a long time with no Sun around here.  funny how some blue sky and sunlight can completely change your mood.

• MalVeauX, zakry3323 and dhkaiser like this

#2 MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Cosmos

• Loc: Florida

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:46 AM

Woo!

And yes, there's a monster prom on the south western limb this morning!

Very best,

• dhkaiser likes this

#3 Mike G.

Mike G.

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: Oberlin, Ohio

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:04 AM

well, if you want to do Solar in the Winter, don't come to NE Ohio.  15 minutes and we are completely overcast again!  But I'm still happy I got what I did!  glad I did not take the time to set up the Lunt on the GoTo mount - would have lost another 5 minutes of viewing.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics