•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Field flattener question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GSBass

GSBass

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: South Carolina

Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:25 PM

So this is in reference to a astrotech 102 EDL I ordered, it’s 714mm fl f7, curious on if field curvature would be apparent on smaller chip cameras, I have a qhy462c which is tiny and a 485c which is 4 times bigger but still very small compared to a full size sensor.  Will curvature be an issue? Also should note, Mike did tell me a field corrector is in development for this scope.... nice to know in case I do upgrade to bigger sensors one day

#2 randcpoll

randcpoll

Ranger 4

• Loc: New York

Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:47 PM

It's really up to your preference. Try it and see. It is unlikely you'll see any issues on the 462, but you will probably start to see effects on your 485.

I have the SV102 Access with the same specs and the Williams Optics 6A III flattener/reducer works great with it.

• GSBass likes this

#3 GSBass

GSBass

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: South Carolina

Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:58 PM

Thank you

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics