•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Second Hand Equipment

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sonya Z

Sonya Z

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:13 PM

Does anybody know where to buy/sell astronomy gear online? Preferably in Canada

#2 LDW47

LDW47

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: North Bay,Ontario,Canada

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:17 PM

In Canada there is Astro Buy and Sell, a couple more buy / sell sites on Facebook and Kijiji ! The Facebook sites are dedicated to astro gear.

Edited by LDW47, 24 February 2021 - 07:35 AM.

#3 TikiTom

TikiTom

Viking 1

• Loc: South Central WI

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:18 PM

Check the classified ads here on Cloudy Nights and there is another big one too, but I won't mention it here...

#4 photomagica

photomagica

Messenger

• Loc: Calgary and Tucson

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:33 PM

Some Canadians use the Cloudy Nights Classifieds - myself included. We just look for other Canadians who are posting either For Sale or Wanted ads. It isn't that hard to buy from US sellers on CN, though some don't want to go to the bother of the (rather simple) form filling that it takes. I've sold into the US as well, though postage or courier costs in either direction are a bit discouraging. BTW - Canada Post/USPS is generally the lowest cost, least hassle way to ship across the border. Courier services like UPS tend to want more forms and often charge the recipient an ugly brokerage fee.

Bill

PS. Here is the link to Astronomy Buy and Sell for those not familiar with it: https://www.astrobuysell.com/

• yeldahtron likes this

#5 LDW47

LDW47

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: North Bay,Ontario,Canada

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:48 PM

Check the classified ads here on Cloudy Nights and there is another big one too, but I won't mention it here...

AstroMart s another good one in the US.

• Jon Isaacs likes this

#6 Jon Isaacs

Jon Isaacs

ISS

• Loc: San Diego and Boulevard, CA

Posted 24 February 2021 - 04:05 AM

AstroMart s another good one in the US.

Astromart is a subscription site and costs $15 per year for a membership. The vast majority of my equipment has been purchased via Astromart.  One nice thing about Astromart is that there are no aliases, identities and locations are verified by the website and on record.

Jon

• paul, LDW47 and Skysmacker like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics