•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

LS8 won't work

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DennyD

DennyD

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:20 PM

I went to use my LS8 tonight and nothing happened. I turned on the power switch and the power light flashed several times before remaining on. The Autostar 3 controller lights up, but displayed no message. Is this a firmware issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

#2 Waterwose

Waterwose

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:11 PM

Denny, We spoke on FB about this.  There are a few threads on here about this issue.  This is the one that i used to fix mine:   https://www.cloudyni...= ls8 firmware

• GeoSwa2010 and MikeBY like this

#3 GeoSwa2010

GeoSwa2010

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:22 PM

Denny,

For clarity, I have a memory card that stays with my scope.  It is not uncommon to reload software from time to time.  Let’s hope it is a memory issue and not a dead board.  

George from Messenger 

#4 DennyD

DennyD

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:01 PM

Got it to work! Firmware issue. Installed version 1.6e firmware and all is good.
  • MikeBY likes this

#5 miguelcoto

miguelcoto

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 13 September 2021 - 12:22 PM

DennyD, hello.
Do you remember how did you get your LS8 to work again?

My LS8 is stuck past its home/park position and when I turn it on, nothing happens, red light on the switch blings a few times and then it stays solid red, no bios or sounds, also the hand controller light up but no texts.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics