•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Chroma Filters - Photometry - Good or Bad ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 levyjoelh

levyjoelh

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Charlotte, NC

Posted 24 February 2021 - 03:35 PM

I get the impression from the AAVSO folks that they do not like the Chroma Filters for Photometry.  

It is not explicitly stated, but certainly implied from a recent webinar.  

The filters are not cheap (50 x 50) and I would appreciate the feeback from any actual users.   It appears they are available.   Everyone else is sold out.

Note:  Because I want to get the Ha / OII / SIII filters as well, I would like to stay in the same "family".

Thanks!

Edited by levyjoelh, 24 February 2021 - 03:40 PM.

#2 CPellier

CPellier

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 25 February 2021 - 03:03 AM

I have not tested them (except U), but the transmission's curves are very explicit: they do not fit correctly the Johnson UBVRI profiles (old profiles, not squared, long transmission tails). So it could bring problems when attempting to transform your data.

This is quite a shame because this is an excellent brand for filters. I do have the Bessel U, and it is a dream for planetary UV imaging. 

• levyjoelh likes this

#3 levyjoelh

levyjoelh

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Charlotte, NC

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:03 PM

As a follow up - Any use the Andover Corporation set?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics