•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ASIAIR Wifi Issue

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 EstvanK3

EstvanK3

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 February 2021 - 10:49 AM

Hi all, I ran my setup + asiair pro successfully the last two times, however it is now refusing to transmit any wifi signal. The wifi light will not turn on at all, and I've tried pushing the reset button multiple times for longer than 5s and absolutely nothing happens. Also have tried...unplugging and plugging in...ensuring firmware is updated...trying multiple devices to connect...routing through a wifi extender...inputting the IP address directly...and replacing card.

The network will show up on my devices when I scan, ill connect as usual, but when I open the app it states there is no asiair available to connect to.

At a loss here and desperately wanting to find a solution as this will be my last free night for quite some time.

Thanks in advance.

#2 MJB

MJB

Vostok 1

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:59 AM

Can you try the hardwired ethernet connection?  Maybe that will get you going long enough to use the free night, and you can do more extensive debug later. The only other thing I can think of is to flash a new SD card from a backup to see if that changes the behavior.

Also - you might try the Facebook ASIAir group, maybe some ideas there.

Edited by MJB, 25 February 2021 - 12:01 PM.

#3 EstvanK3

EstvanK3

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:50 PM

Thanks, I've posted there and they suggest the same. As for a backup, I never made one however I have other SD cards. Does it have preloaded data specific to asiair functionality (meaning I'm screwed since I didn't make a backup)? If that is the case, I have a card from an old original asiair that I no longer use, could that work? Thanks

#4 MJB

MJB

Vostok 1

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:24 PM

Yeah, it's a boot image - it's got the license file and other stuff. I doubt an original ASIAir one would work. I'd recommend popping out the SD card and making a backup now just in case. 

#5 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:31 PM

Moving this topic from EAA to Astronomy Software & Computers for a better fit.

• EstvanK3 likes this

#6 MJB

MJB

Vostok 1

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:02 PM

One more thing - check that there is not a stronger signal overriding the ASIAir. On the device that is running the app, maybe tell it to ignore other previously connected networks. The wifi is a known weak point on the ASIAir. Get right up next to it. I've had a signal drop within 5 feet of the mount, so try different positions. If it shows up as you say, then it must be broadcasting, right? I'd take that as a good sign.

#7 EstvanK3

EstvanK3

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:46 PM

Thank you, unfortunately I already gave that one a try as I ran into that problem before! Bought it from highpoint so I'm going to give them a quick call to see if that gets me anywhere.

#8 silverking

silverking

Vostok 1

• Loc: Canada

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:46 PM

It’s likely a corrupted system file.
Without a back-up, you’ll have to get in touch with ZWO for a new license file.  

if you had a back-up, you could test the new system file, and if wi-fi still didn’t work, it would point to a hardware problem. 

#9 EstvanK3

EstvanK3

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:00 PM

Found a way to restore the asiair OS via a downloadable file from their website and a new SD card. Will update if that works once finished. I felt like this potentially very useful solution was buried deep.
  • MJB likes this

#10 EstvanK3

EstvanK3

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 February 2021 - 09:27 PM

Update: bought a new SD card, loaded the boot files from zwo site, bad boy fired right up wifi and all.
  • adamsdp likes this

#11 sportfan1969

sportfan1969

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Miami, FL

Posted 05 March 2021 - 07:44 AM

I just posted a solution to this issue here on CN.  https://www.cloudyni...mma/?hl=+asiair

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics