•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Pegasus Pocket Power Box

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 garyhawkins

garyhawkins

Messenger

• topic starter
  • Loc: San Diego

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:15 PM

I just bought one of these 2nd hand from a CN member, and can't determine if the unit will function correctly if it is NOT connected to a PC via the USB cable.  Is it capable of standalone operation with reduced functionality, like not being able to switch the power ports on or off?  This does not seem to be covered in the manual. 

I don't have a spare USB port at my OTA and currently only need it to be supplying power to my cameras and mount.  Thanks for your feedback.

#2 astro_1

astro_1

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: USA, Nebraska

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:36 PM

you might connect it to a PC and check if any settings from previous owner may have been saved, causing issues ?

i am pretty sure you can run it stand alone.

#3 robbieg147

robbieg147

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Kent, England

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:40 PM

It will run standalone it's only if you want to change a setting you need to connect the PPB to a PC.

Edited by robbieg147, 25 February 2021 - 01:49 PM.

#4 doole

doole

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Winnipeg (that other outback)

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:47 PM

Seems like kind of a neat feature. (I just ordered one myself.)

#5 evansg

evansg

PegasusAstro

• Vendors
  • Loc: Athens, Greece

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:23 PM

It works by default as a standalone device

https://pegasusastro...ocket-powerbox/

Standalone Operation
Pocket Powerbox can work “out of the box” as a standalone device. Just plug the cables, setup the “autodew” functionality and every time you boot the device, it will retrieve your settings. So, If you don’t like to connect a PC every time, you don’t have to. Simple as that!

#6 garyhawkins

garyhawkins

Messenger

• topic starter
  • Loc: San Diego

Posted 26 February 2021 - 02:17 PM

Thanks for your replies.  I final found the reference I was looking for on the Pegasus website - and indeed it runs standalone.  But as several have said, I need to check the setting from previous owner,

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics