•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Allen screw size on GSO 2" Crayford Focuser for Refractors - Dual Speed (with 96.6mm Telescope Adapter)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shane1200

Shane1200

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:30 PM

I discovered this morning one of the four allen screws on the top of the focuser next to the telescope is missing.   Does anyone know what size allen screw it is? I want to avoid having to remove one the remaining screws and take the chance of losing it when I go to the hardware store. 

Thanks. 

#2 rk2k2

rk2k2

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Cool, CA

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:30 PM

Can't say for the actual screw but mine uses a 2.5mm drive.  According to bolt depot a socket button screw (which it appears mine is) that uses a 2.5mm drive would be a 4mm.

#3 Shane1200

Shane1200

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 February 2021 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for answering. 

I contacted the vendor who sold me the focuser.  

The focuser uses a  Set Screw with Hex Socket, Flat Point, M4 Thread requires a 2mm hex socket. 

https://agenaastro.c...-set-screw.html

#4 SteveG

SteveG

Cosmos

• Loc: Seattle, WA

Posted 26 February 2021 - 12:25 PM

Https://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-information/driver-bits/Metric-Allen-Drive-Driver-Sizes.aspx

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics