•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

looks like received open box

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rainysoon

rainysoon

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:28 PM

Recently purchased Explore Scientific ED127 FCD 100, Carbon fiber from an online retailer

There is no factory seal on the inner box and the tape is cut more then 50% on the innerbox

There is no manual other than paper regarding warranty. There is no warning regarding don't look at sun. There is a black bag. 

Accessories are there 

The plastic wrap around the telescope has some cuts. 

Any body who has this scope can conform the contents, I called the retailer for RMA. 

#2 astrochaser

astrochaser

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Northern California

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:41 PM

I purchased mine last year and I can honestly tell you that the inner box should be sealed and that the plastic cover around the scope should be intact and sealed on the end. It sounds like someone opened the boxes on you. The scope is an excellent scope so you should be able to get a replacement.

#3 sg6

sg6

Voyager 1

• Loc: Norfolk, UK.

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:53 PM

Difficult, also no idea where on this planet you are, may be normal in Aus for all I know. One retailer here does, or did state they open boxes. Kind of useful to know/check that the actual contents match the scribble on the outside. Guess it meant that at some time the contents and external description did not match.

Never had a "factory seal" on anything, up to 4 WO refractors at present, 1 Skywatcher and a Bresser.

Also cannot recall a manual either except on a now old WO Megrez 90. And I would not have called that a "manual" exactly, more all the extra bit you could buy and how to fit them. Most/many manuals are now online - the WO ZS61 I obtained online. Might read it one day.

Sun warning: One on the WO ZS61 and one on the Skywatcher 72ED. Nothing on the Bresser 102 and Bresser and ES are somewhat related.

However does not sound particularly good.

#4 rainysoon

rainysoon

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 February 2021 - 03:04 PM

Difficult, also no idea where on this planet you are, may be normal in Aus for all I know. One retailer here does, or did state they open boxes. Kind of useful to know/check that the actual contents match the scribble on the outside. Guess it meant that at some time the contents and external description did not match.

Never had a "factory seal" on anything, up to 4 WO refractors at present, 1 Skywatcher and a Bresser.

Also cannot recall a manual either except on a now old WO Megrez 90. And I would not have called that a "manual" exactly, more all the extra bit you could buy and how to fit them. Most/many manuals are now online - the WO ZS61 I obtained online. Might read it one day.

Sun warning: One on the WO ZS61 and one on the Skywatcher 72ED. Nothing on the Bresser 102 and Bresser and ES are somewhat related.

However does not sound particularly good.

may be in Aus, they sell like that but not here. I have other telescopes they all had intact seal. Initiated the RMA Thank you. 

Edited by rainysoon, 25 February 2021 - 03:10 PM.

#5 DSOGabe

DSOGabe

Viking 1

• Loc: El Paso, TX

Posted 25 February 2021 - 06:13 PM

I would contact the retailer to confirm if it was indeed an open box item. If so, you can request an exchange (if they still have any) or request a partial discount for it.

Usually the open box items are just for display on the store floor and should have a discounted price. All warranties should still be applicable. 

Just saying in case they accept the return, but don't have a sealed one in stock. 

#6 rainysoon

rainysoon

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 February 2021 - 06:30 PM

I would contact the retailer to confirm if it was indeed an open box item. If so, you can request an exchange (if they still have any) or request a partial discount for it.

Usually the open box items are just for display on the store floor and should have a discounted price. All warranties should still be applicable. 

Just saying in case they accept the return, but don't have a sealed one in stock. 

Thank you. Waiting reply from retailer

#7 Fotozone

Fotozone

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 25 February 2021 - 06:32 PM

Who did you purchase it from?

• mich_al likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics