•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How to check if Explore Scientific Equip. Is Registered?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 emflocater

emflocater

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Clarkson, N.Y.

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:44 PM

sct.png Does anyone know how I can check (just to be sure) on any and all Explore Scientific Products I bought to make sure I registered them properly? I remember doing so on their Website, but don't remember receiving any type of confirmation after registering on the Site that I could print and save.

A look on the Site has no way of checking this info out. I assume the only way to check and confirm would be to make a call and have ES check their Data Base. 

Anyone done this, or a link that will allow this other than a call to ES? Telescope.gif

Cheers

Don 

#2 Joe1950

Joe1950

Voyager 1

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:54 PM

I bought a used eyepiece. With their warranty, if registered within 60 days, items are covered even if sold to someone else. So I sent an email and found it was covered.

At this time of things being unsettled, they may be difficult to get in touch with. They, like other businesses are overwhelmed.

But try an email which is on their website.

• emflocater and Dynan like this

#3 emflocater

emflocater

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:59 PM

I bought a used eyepiece. With their warranty, if registered within 60 days, items are covered even if sold to someone else. So I sent an email and found it was covered.

At this time of things being unsettled, they may be difficult to get in touch with. They, like other businesses are overwhelmed.

But try an email which is on their website.

Thanks Joe. Glad to hear.

Cheers

Don

• Joe1950 likes this

#4 Bistromath

Bistromath

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Central Minnesota, USA

Posted 25 February 2021 - 05:16 PM

I believe that you need to have an account set up with ES to see the products that you have registered.  Once you have the account set up, you can login using the link at the top of their website homepage to see your registered products.

• scotsman328i and emflocater like this

#5 scotsman328i

scotsman328i

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Charleston, South Carolina

Posted 25 February 2021 - 05:39 PM

I believe that you need to have an account set up with ES to see the products that you have registered.  Once you have the account set up, you can login using the link at the top of their website homepage to see your registered products.

YEs, website should tell you if you made an account with them, if not, call them. They can tell you that way also.

#6 emflocater

emflocater

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 25 February 2021 - 10:18 PM

Yes I do have an account and logged in but could not find anything about "my registrations"

Probably have to call. Maybe I'm missing something.

Cheers

Don

• scotsman328i likes this

#7 scotsman328i

scotsman328i

Surveyor 1

Posted 25 February 2021 - 10:19 PM

Yes I do have an account and logged in but could not find anything about "my registrations"

Cheers

Don

Yes, I had to call also, but I was in the systems when they checked.

• emflocater likes this

#8 emflocater

emflocater

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 25 February 2021 - 10:33 PM

Yes, I had to call also, but I was in the systems when they checked.

Makes sense! Thanks.

Cheers

Don

• scotsman328i likes this

#9 scotsman328i

scotsman328i

Surveyor 1

Posted 25 February 2021 - 10:39 PM

Makes sense! Thanks.

Cheers

Don

Yeah they’re pretty cool about it. Especially if you bought it from them, because they generated the sale and can find your invoice over a third party retailer. I registered my warranty online and ended up calling them about a month later with a technical question. I told them I registered the product and if they could confirm my registration. Took 30 seconds on their systems to confirm a big fat yep! LOL.

• emflocater likes this

#10 BRCoz

BRCoz

Apollo

• Loc: Moreno Valley, CA

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:04 PM

Now I have to check.  It has been a few years and I don't remember.  

• emflocater likes this

#11 Bistromath

Bistromath

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Central Minnesota, USA

Posted 27 February 2021 - 10:15 AM

Cheers

Don

Easy to do.  After you log in:

1. Scroll to the bottom of the screen to the section labeled Support.  Click on the Registration link in this section.
  2. You will land on a product registration page.  Scroll down until you see a button labeled as Show Registered Products.  Click this button and your list will be displayed.

• scotsman328i and emflocater like this

#12 emflocater

emflocater

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 27 February 2021 - 11:10 AM

Easy to do.  After you log in:

1. Scroll to the bottom of the screen to the section labeled Support.  Click on the Registration link in this section.
  2. You will land on a product registration page.  Scroll down until you see a button labeled as Show Registered Products.  Click this button and your list will be displayed.

Sorry but logged in, went to Support > Registration ....but there is no Show Registration Products button!?

Cheers

Don

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics