•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Lunt BF heater trouble

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bigdob24

bigdob24

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Central Illinois

Posted 27 February 2021 - 04:34 PM

Does anyone have and use Lunts BF heater newer model with external power port.

Ive got one and it’s been nothing but trouble since I bought it. 
Of coarse Lunt tries to make it right but this will be the 3rd time back for repairs.

I’m going to get them to just replace it this time. The external power port has come loose again and when I use it on external power it runs the internal battery down then shuts the unit off. 
Does anyone have one with the external power port that works without draining the internal battery 

#2 dhkaiser

dhkaiser

Apollo

Posted 27 February 2021 - 05:07 PM

I have that heater however only used the external jack once.  Are you turning the unit on before plugging in the external power and unplugging it before turning power off?

#3 bigdob24

bigdob24

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 27 February 2021 - 05:48 PM

Yes , doing everything per instructions 

Second time back for same thing, first time it was a battery issue and that’s when they updated it to the new version with the external power port

• dhkaiser likes this

#4 rigel123

rigel123

Hubble

• Loc: SW Ohio

Posted 27 February 2021 - 09:37 PM

I haven’t tried it with the external port yet.  Luckily it lasts long enough for my imaging sessions just on the battery.

#5 bigdob24

bigdob24

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 27 February 2021 - 09:55 PM

I tested mine and could get a bit over an hour and then the temp started to drop. 
I like to set my scope up for most of the day and I just let it run on the external power pack , then I can observe and get some chores done, I got a call into Lunt but Faye was gone, will follow up Monday.

Ill be in Florida in a couple weeks and won’t be back till May, won’t need the heater till next winter.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics