•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

2" filters with Astrotech 0.8x FF/FR 130 EDT

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mostvisited

mostvisited

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: San Francisco Bay Area

Posted 28 February 2021 - 02:55 AM

Hope other users could help me here. I have a Astrotech 130 EDT refractor and a Astrotech 0.8x FF/FR to use it for astrophotography. Recently I got a 2" Optolong L-Enhance filter and wanted to use it with the reducer but not able to find the thread to mount it. The description on astronomics site says 

The 2" telescope-side barrel of the reducer is threaded for standard 2" filters and has a safety groove.

Attached is a picture of that.  Currently its being used with a Canon DSLR so another side of it is attached to a T-ring. It looks like the 115EDT one has proper threads but not the 130EDT one. Any suggestions on how to use this reducer-flattener with a filter ?

Attached Thumbnails

• 0.8x_reducer_flattener.jpg

Edited by mostvisited, 28 February 2021 - 02:56 AM.

#2 qswat72

qswat72

Mariner 2

Posted 28 February 2021 - 03:15 AM

If I’m not mistaken, I believe it unscrews and has internal threads where you can mount a filter.

#3 mostvisited

mostvisited

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: San Francisco Bay Area

Posted 28 February 2021 - 03:27 PM

If I’m not mistaken, I believe it unscrews and has internal threads where you can mount a filter.

I thought it too. Tried with little pressure but looks like it is glued , it didn't move. I am afraid to try harder :-)

#4 qswat72

qswat72

Mariner 2

Posted 28 February 2021 - 10:28 PM

In that case, I would have to assume it would be at either end of the flattener. I know the smaller flattener/reduced for the AT60ED has internal threads at the end of it.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics