•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Stack specific section that is moving - Autostakkert 3

Moon SCT Software Optics Mount Imaging Equipment Celestron CCD Cassegrain
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FinTGM

FinTGM

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:52 AM

So I am planning to image a crater of the Moon tonight, but as I have an Alt-AZ mount, the crater moves out of the view in around 3 minutes. This is because of field rotation. In Autostakkert 3, there is an option to set an Image Stabilisation Anchor where the chosen area of the video that is visible in the total video duration will be centred with the other image parts surrounding it after analysing. Would there be any way to stack the stabilised section of the video after analysation to get my stacked crater? Would I also need to use the Field rotation setting to align the images? I plan to record 3 minute clips. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

#2 FinTGM

FinTGM

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 March 2021 - 02:28 PM

Suggestions please.

#3 Claude Navarro

Claude Navarro

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Toulouse (France)

Posted 02 March 2021 - 04:39 AM

You said: "the crater moves out of the view in around 3 minutes." I am surprised. Your Alt-AZ mount is not motorized ? If so, it's difficult to image the sky in good conditions and to specify a point of reference in your video for the processing.

Claude

Edited by Claude Navarro, 02 March 2021 - 04:41 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Moon, SCT, Software, Optics, Mount, Imaging, Equipment, Celestron, CCD, Cassegrain

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics