I'm implementing the feature to enter the Date & Time using the device (cell phone, tablet) date/time.
When in "Setup Date":
1. You can enter the date using the numeric keypad, slew buttons and scroll buttons
2. You can click a new button (only visible while in Setup Date/Time) "Apply Device Date", and the code will send the the appropriate keys.
When in "Setup Time"
1. Similar to Setup date, you can use the same keys
2. You can click the same new button, now labeled "Apply Device Time", and code will send the appropriate keys.
Once done with these two features, I will be releasing a Beta OTG version for testing purposes that will have a life span of two months from release date. Im hoping to have it done before shoulder surgery on the 30th.
Things required to run/test the app:
1. Android device with OTG support
2. An OTG dongle or cable. ( Im also looking into getting a Y-splitter OTG cable instead where I can charge the phone and and interface to mount. Have Not sourced one yet).
3. A USB to RS232 Adapter/Cable
4. A cable with a RJ9 to plug into hbx connector on mount, and DB9 to interface to USB/RS232. I made this cable. If you have an old land line phone headset cable, you can cut one end and solder the db9 (3 pins, Tx, Rx, Gnd). Let me know if I need to provide the pinouts for this cable.
Once the Beta is ready, I'll be emailing the Apk file directly, so just advice here if interested.