•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

LX200 focus pin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 1OGR57

1OGR57

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 March 2021 - 10:27 PM

New to this scope and looking for more experienced minds to get me on my way.  I've removed the coarse focuser on my scope and cleaned and reassembled it from information I've found here. It is now working as it should. I think I've found a problem with the focus pin inside. It seems to be bent in an "S" shape. Is there a way to fix/replace this pin? Is it user replaceable? Will I need to disassemble  the scope to fix it?  Is there some other aftermarket focuser that uses an S shaped pin? I don't think the stock focuser could have bent the pin without destroying the brass end. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 carolinaskies

carolinaskies

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Greenville SC

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:22 AM

Provide a picture please for reference.   The rod which the focuser pushes and pulls shouldn't deform and should be made of steel so not likely it's been bent but is simply the way designed so to give good leverage and not slip.  

• 1OGR57 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics