•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

IEQ30Pro GPS Dat Not being retained

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GGR_Scott

GGR_Scott

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Roseville, CA

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:07 PM

Hello All!

I am currently using my trusty IEQ30Pro with NINA. I have used this configuration for about a year without a problem. Recently, my computer crashed and I had buy a new computer and reload all of my programs.

Tonight is the first night out with my astro gear and new computer, but I am having problems with my mount.

For some reason, my GPS on the mount keeps resetting to zero. I have manually entered the lat and long info several times, and NINA acknowledges it. But, when I try to slew using nina, it fails. When I return to the mount's software, the GPS data I entered has returned all zeros.  Same thing occurs when I try slewing with the Mount's control software. Thus far, everything works, except for my mount.

The mount slews using manual control through both NINA and Ioptron.  I do not use the hand controller and have not used the hand controller in a year.

I'm not sure what's happening and why the GPS data is not being saved. Has anyone else encountered this issue or can someone provide guidance?

Thanks for your help.Capture.PNG

Edited by GGR_Scott, 01 March 2021 - 11:24 PM.

#2 mehdymo

mehdymo

Messenger

• Loc: Ohio

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:24 PM

I guess it gets those information from hand controller. Change the battery of your hand controller and you would all set.

Thanks,

Mo

Edited by mehdymo, 01 March 2021 - 11:25 PM.

#3 GGR_Scott

GGR_Scott

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:57 PM

I guess it gets those information from hand controller. Change the battery of your hand controller and you would all set.

Thanks,

Mo

Thanks Mo.  It's been storing the information internally. I haven't needed to use the hand controller in a year.

As a test, I attached the hand controller, and entered the lat and long data through that. I can slew using the hand controller, but the hand controller is not retaining the data as well. 

So, through trial and error, it appears (I could be wrong) that either their is an issue with the ioptron commander software/control or the on board GPS. I'm thinking its the GPS.

Scott 

• mehdymo likes this

#4 GGR_Scott

GGR_Scott

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:32 PM

Anyone else able to provide assistance?

#5 GGR_Scott

GGR_Scott

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 04 March 2021 - 01:38 PM

Fix Found!  It's an input issue with NINA. User error.  The mount worked flawlessly last night!

• mehdymo likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics